Fresh/ Experienced - Diploma/ Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering.
This course will help the student to have in-depth understanding of structural behavior.
This understanding will form a basis for analysis and design of building structures.
It will encourage using information Technology in the design process.
Further more, the students will obtain the ability to choose and adapt calculation
models and appropriate methods on basis of in-depth understanding of the physical
behavior, properties and limitations of the models and with regard to the actual
purpose of the calculations.
Introduction to :
- Industry and industrial system. e.g. Refinery, Petrochemical, Chemical, Organic
- Basic structural requirement of the plants/projects
- Role of Civil engineers in various fields
Inputs from various departments and output
Concept of Analysis and Loading Calculations.
- Concrete Structure Design
- Steel Structure Design
Detailed Analysis & design of :
- Pipe Racks and Sleepers
- Static equipment foundation design
- Rotating equipment foundation (Block & frame type)
- Equipment Supporting Structures (Technological Structures)
- Plant Buildings such as Compressor House, Control Building, Substation, Pump house,
- Non-plant buildings such as Admin building, Warehouse, Workshop
Selection of various steel
Relevant Standards/Codes, their importance and applications.
General Civil Works
- Roads, Drains
- Viz.: Contaminated rain water sewer & oily water sewer
- Paving Dyke wall
- Tank Farm Area, Boundary wall, Fence & gate,
- Local support & platforms, etc.
- Cooling Tower
- Flare Stack
Computer Aided Analysis and Design (with concept of STAAD software)
Study of other department documents used for designing of plants
Preparation of Bill of Material at various stages
Site Visit will be arranged at industrial plant either in shut down or not working
- To give a synthesis of Structural Mechanics and Structural Engineering on basis
of selected applications
- To exercise the knowledge gained in the parallel Courses in a context
- To widen the perspective on analysis and design of structural systems
The individual can perform independently in any type of Engineering Consultancy,
Construction Companies etc.
|Batch No.||Category||Planned Starting Date||Last Date of Admission||Completion Date||Duration||Timings
Sunday 8.00am to 5.30pm
Monday to Saturday 8.00am to 1.00pm